Maybe someone told you about us. Or gave you a gift certificate. Or maybe you’re looking for a gift that’s the perfect introduction to the Follain movement. Not only are these gifts all wholesome, nontoxic, and uber-effective, but they’re also good for all skin types and an easy way to get to know what we’re all about. Give them a try!
Hand + body moisturizers
Why? Everyone loves them, and you can never get enough. But what you slather on skin gets absorbed into it. So it’s wise to skip the toxins.
- Apotheke Hand Cream (This is on our conference table; we all grab it during meetings!)
- Rica Body Butter
- Skincando Combat-Ready Balm
- May Lindstrom The Good Stuff
- Farmaesthetics Midnight Honey Bath and Beauty Oil (Honey is a powerhouse of healing properties.)
If you’ve ever gotten a headache from a stranger’s perfume, you know that synthetic fragrance can cause nervous system disorders, allergies and more. Enjoy the benefits of aromatherapy in luxe, nontoxic offerings instead.
- Farmaesthetics Dreaming Oil (Near-instant sleep for the stressed out.)
- Follain Candle (The clean, herb-y smell of our stores.)
Most lipsticks out there contain lead - which you then ingest (yes, ingest) and absorb into your bloodstream. So this is the perfect place to start thinking about going nontoxic.
- Ilia Lip Trio
- Stewart and Claire Mint Julep Lip Scrub
- Kari Gran Lip Whip (Some clients keep these in every bag they own!)
- French Girl Rose Lip Polish
Scrubs are a great two-fer; you can exfoliate your body with the scrubbing sugars, and also shave with the nourishing oils left behind. Conventional scrubs are often heavily fragranced, and that often means there’s a carcinogen there. So safe swaps are in order. (You’ll find they work and smell better, too.)
- Herbivore Coco Rose Body Polish
- French Girl Sea Polish (A new obsession - mysteriously, our founder has not returned the tester!)
- Indie Lee Coconut Citrus Body Scrub
Why? Suds aren’t a good sign. Chemicals in traditional bubble bath are known to cause cancer in animals and considered probable causes of cancer in humans.
- Leif Soaking Salts in Lavender (Toxin-pulling salts plus an infusion of stress-reducing lavender)
- Pursoma Minerals De Mer
- Herbivore Botanicals Coconut Bath Soak (The water gets milky, inflammation gets calmed, and your skin gets super soft.)
Why? It’s not sexy, but it’s a great place to start a healthier routine. Some studies have found potential links between deodorant use and breast cancer. It takes some body chemistries a little time to adjust - stick with it!
- Meow Meow Baking Soda Free Deodorant Cream/lavender
- Soapwalla Deodorant Cream (Don’t be afraid, get in there and scoop!)
- Ursa Major Hoppin’ Fresh Deodorant Cream