When you fall for a luscious, effective, healthy product, you fall hard. Even more so when you start finding unexpected ways to make it work its magic.
Get pumped: A pump of Josh Rosebrook Nutrient Day Cream with a half pump of Vapour Atmosphere Soft Focus Foundation creates a custom tinted moisturizer, ideal for dry-combination skin. And the mineral non-nano zinc oxide in the day cream protects against UVA and UVB rays.
Ready, set, glow: Spritz Josh Rosebrook Hydrating Accelerator or OSEA Sea Vitamin Boost toner to set makeup. They restore hydration to dry areas, activating minerals in the pigment of makeup so it spreads evenly. Antioxidants like vitamin C leave you glowing, too. (Bonus use: To intensify an eyeshadow or to use it as an eyeliner, spritz the brush first with Josh Rosebrook’s Hydrating Accelerator, which helps the color hold better than regular water.)
Just dew it: For a dewy flawless finish on normal to dry skin types, stripe the Narcissist Stick by W3LL PEOPLE directly on the skin. Before blending everything in, spritz face and neck with a spray toner like True Botanicals' Nutrient Mist or May Lindstrom's The Jasmine Garden and then blend away!
Out, damn spot! Mix May Lindstrom’s Blue Cocoon and Youth Dew and get a killer spot treatment for those “underground” cystic pimples. The Blue Cocoon gives a shot of anti-inflammatory from blue tansy and Youth Dew adds antibacterial oils to the mix.
- The eyes have it: Cut RMS Coconut Oil Wipes into small squares to create two weeks’ worth of eye makeup remover pads, and store them in an empty Herbivore Botanicals Coco Rose Body Polish container (this chic and sustainable storage works for a host of things!)
Hands-down winner: Illuminating mica in ILIA’s All Your Gold Radiant Beauty Balm SPF 20 also helps mask veins on hands by diffusing light. Plus the SPF and rose hip seed oil both help battle aging.
- Nail it: Take a look at your cuticles. Ok, don’t feel bad - the weather dries them out. Emollient coconut and a handy tin make Crux ‘Stache Wax amazing as a cuticle cream. Keep one in your bag or at your desk.
We <3 your style: Rahua’s Classic Conditioner makes for a great styling cream. Work about a dime-sized amount into damp hair and air dry for wavy styles, or blow dry for straight styles.
- Oil, slick: Rahua Voluminous Dry Shampoo lifts oils, which can also darken hair. Blondes can apply extra to soften the look of roots between appointments. (Bonus: The same anti-oil properties also make it a great stain lifter for anything oily. Just shake a small hill of product onto the spot, wait about 3 minutes, and brush it off.)
- Shave some time: Skip shaving cream with coconut oil based body scrubs like Coco Rose or Indie Lee’s Citrus Scrub. The emollient property of coconut oil protects even sensitive areas (think underarm and bikini). Apply the scrub, exfoliate, rinse off the sugar, and then use the razor directly on skin.
And a wild card:
- You lucky dog: Quick to lather and easy to rinse out, Follain Refillable Soap makes an amazing dog shampoo! There are no synthetic ingredients that would hurt Fido or the environment. Rinse it off outside - it’s completely biodegradable.