We’re officially - and permanently - open in Washington, DC, at Union Market! Our little Follain space is beautiful – located right at the entrance of the market – and we’re over the moon grateful and excited about our newest location in our newest city. Check out some pictures of the space below!
You might be wondering why we chose to open in DC for our first non-Massachusetts store, so I thought I’d explain why we’re SO excited to have a permanent store in our nation’s capitol! It’s pretty simple…
- DC is smart, savvy, and incredibly health conscious! Tons of Washingtonians have been searching for safe and effective beauty products to complement their healthy lifestyles, and almost none of our powerful brands are sold elsewhere in DC!
- DC is the center of activism and change when it comes to ingredient safety reform, and Follain is the change maker in beauty retail.
- DC is my hometown! I grew up here, and my family is still based here! This means we have somewhere to stay in the city, and it makes my parents happy that I will visit more often.
Our first DC pop-up shop was in November 2013, during Union Market’s Thread event. Things went really well, but we were still nervous about opening in DC, so we held two additional pop-up shops in May 2014 and November 2014. We continued to build an amazing community of DC friends and customers. After that third pop-up, we knew DC needed a permanent Follain store, and the first store needed to be in Union Market!
- Union Market visitors appreciate fresh, quality ingredients and new concepts more than anywhere else in the city! Follain products are packed with the highest quality ingredients; Follain products are food for the skin!
- Union Market is a fun open-air market with the best neighbors – die hard fans and makers of local, sustainable, high quality food and gifts.
- Union Market is surprisingly easy to access – it’s right off the red line!
We hope to see you soon, DC!!! Our hours are 10-6 Tuesday through Sunday, because the Market is closed on Mondays. Come hang out with our DC team: Alyse Stokes, Roni Looney, and Nora Al-Rayes.